Real Estate And Construction Law
Our experience in real estate and construction law matters includes:
- Representing investors with the purchase and sale of real estate;
- Representing landlords and tenants in lease and sale-and-lease back real estate transactions;
- Representing developers in commercial and residential projects;
- Organizing and conducting due diligence reviews;
- Representing clients in proceedings to obtain permits and administrative decisions in the construction process;
- Advising in connection with the development of structure and finance documents under various investment projects;
- Advising on and defending against restitution claims;
- Advising on corporate aspects of all transactions;
- Advising on construction issues (contentious and non-contentious), land use, planning, permitting and environmental issues;
- Drafting and negotiating agreements and other documentation required in the investment or construction process.
As it is very important that every transaction, investment project or any other decision we make is tax efficient and tax secure we also advise our clients on taxation of numerous real estate transactions (e.g. purchase / sale of land real estate & building real estate).
We help in taking advantage of the tax investment relief for residential purposes.
We advise when it is possible to avoid paying income tax when selling / transferring real estate (both residential and non-residential).
We also advise on a recent tax on revenues from a real estate ownership located within the territory of the Republic of Poland, the initial value of which exceeds PLN 10,000,000.
We help in determining whether the sale of a given property will be subject to Value Added Tax or will be exempt from it and under what conditions.
We advise our clients on real estate tax.
In our daily work, we analyse the jurisprudence of administrative courts and interpretations of tax authorities in order to provide clients with assistance taking into account not only the current legal status, but also the current practice of administrative courts and tax administration.
We represent our clients in any disputes with the tax authorities should such arise.
For those of our clients who wish to obtain official tax interpretations (i.e. issued by the tax authorities) addressing their specific/unique situations, we are always keen to prepare appropriate formal applications. However, applications we prepare do not present facts (an issue to be solved) alone but above all extensive legal arguments and position.
Our goal is always to present the legal arguments in such a way that they are readily and speedily accepted by the tax authorities.